At StreetVibes Media Academy (SV), we want to ensure our learners have access to free, quality careers advice and guidance.
What Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) can I expect at SV?
We aim to provide you with comprehensive support through our Information Advice and Guidance team. Your IAG team will mentor you through your time at SV’s through regular input in your course and also 1:1 support where needed.
Our IAG staff can offer you the following services:
· Impartial and unbiased advice on the courses we provide.
· Information regarding the qualifications and career paths that our programmes offer.
· Guidance and support when you are facing personal difficulties.
· Referrals to other local learning providers if our courses are not suitable for you, or we cannot meet all your needs.
· Assessment to make sure the course level is right for you.
· Access to employability support, helping you with CV writing, application forms, interview tips and your personal skills.
· Access to advice on progression into work, apprenticeships or further learning.
· On some of our courses, we will help you access work placements.
Our commitment to you:
· You will get free access to the Internet for job hunting.
· Your meetings with your Tutor and IAG Adviser will remain confidential.
· We will actively promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
· We will welcome the opportunity to receive your feedback on the quality of our service to you.
· We will actively strive to improve our services based on your feedback and our own Quality Improvement measures.
Further information on our IAG programmes:
6 Eltham High Street
London SE9 1DA
Tel: 0203 031 8240
This policy was last reviewed March 2023.
IAG support is confidential in line with our Safeguarding duties: we are legally required to share any information that could prevent a young person being harmed.